FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Polaris Cookbook now on sale
View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:27 pm
Weatherboy

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
Oh my didn't realize they had an event just for the cookbook - reality gets even more absurd. I picture those guys like Maytag repairmen lately - nothing to change since they cut the original Polaris meals. Did they come clean on anything?
i did spend a decent amount of time talking with them. They are working to simplify the tray/plating to get foods out quicker, working to introduce more route-specific flavors and dishes, work to better sync the food offering with Polaris on the ground and Polaris in the air, and rotate regional dishes more domestically.

I asked if United could invest into new tech or new food, what would have the most impact. The surprising answer I got back is they wish that UA put microwaves onboard. It sounds like the food offerings ...and the speed to get things out... would radically improve. On their wish list, they wish UA could tackle special meals better. "If we had a diabetic customer, we'd love to have diabetic friendly meals on board." But costs and IT issues are their headwinds.

I suggested that they bring back soups, back off on some of the dairy, and offer breakfast meals outside of breakfast time (and throw a non-breakfast option on some of the Polaris breakfast flights, like in the morning flights out of LHR.)

Food was OK, but it was nice getting my drink on at the Polaris bar without a ticket. And GS paid for it