FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 7 Hours in ATL on the 30th. Which Sky Club
Old Dec 16, 2018, 5:40 pm
Wimsta

Programs: SkyMiles 2018 PM, 2019 PM, 2020 PM, 2021 PM, 2022 PM, 2023 PM...
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
Heading to SDQ on the 30th I have a 7-hour layover in ATL anyone passing through want to do lunch in the skyclub? I don't have a membership so I can't get you in will be using my AMEX card but figured I'd ask. I'll be there around 11 until 7pm.
I'll second the "leave the airport" suggestion. Sorry I can't offer to come and get you myself, though I may feel like I have free time after Christmas...

Marta is an easy way into town, or Uber, and there are many fantastic choices.

Mary Mac's Tea Room is where I take all my guests for an experience of comfort food and hospitality.

There are tours and other fun things to do. You could see Martin Luther King Jr's birth home, all sorts of good stuff.

If you really aren't going to leave the airport I would actually recommend buying a UA lounge pass off of eBay and using the United lounge in terminal T. (Not a full bar.) Has a great view of the plans approaching and as the sunset starts and the lights come on you can get a really magical twinkle (when the weather is good). The food isn't great, but I do look forward to the Wedding Soup days...