FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019
View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2018, 11:28 am
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Duke787
$60 off $200+ Courtyard stay on both my AMEX Plat and AMEX Everyday (not on SPG card unfortunately -- that would have been preferred for bonus multiplier at CY property itself). Took it on the Everyday for the 20% bonus points.

Works out perfectly because I have a CY stay this upcoming weekend that's going to cost $248 so should qualify with ease
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I have that one, plus others for Four Points and Spring Hill as well.
I just noticed three individual offers of $40 off $200 at each of Four Points, Courtyard, and Fairfield (i.e. one separate offer for each brand) on my SPG card.

Originally Posted by sdsearch
The other thing you can do, of course, especially at this time of year, is wait. There are zillion offers which are expiring at the end of this month, and they'll be filled with others at that point. Some may be new offers, but others may be offers that were "hidden" before.

It can depend on when you want to use the offer as to whether this makes sense. If you're going to use them until after the start of the new year, you may just want to wait to see if they pop up then. If you want to use them, you may need to load a zillion offers you don't care about to "make room" in your list.
I haven't paid close attention -- is there any downside to "clearing the way" immediately vs. letting things expire by themselves? i.e. suppose some offer is currently hidden, if I wait for stuff to expire by itself and that creates space for the offer, will it have a later expiration date than if I added a bunch of soon-to-expire offers now to cause the offer to pop up sooner?

My strategy so far has been, if I'm close to 100 and don't want them to fill up, I go through and add anything that expires in like the next month whether I'm interested in it or not, just to make room for any other potential offers.