FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VAT return in IST tax return Istanbul turkey ADB AYT
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:28 am
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by zap7
Hi everyone,
I bought three nice suits and will return to Germany (where I live) flying ADB-IST-DUS tomorrow.
I have a tax invoice for the suits, two will be in my carry on (no checked bags) and I'll wear the third one.

Where and how do I get my VAT back?
I assume I have to walk up to a customs desk in IST when walking from the domestic to the international terminal before entering passport control to show the suits, and then go to a cash desk after passport control to be receive the money?
Is it possible for things in carry one and where are those two desks?
(I mentioned AYT in the title so this will come up in the search since it should be the same for that route).
Thanks!

​​​​
-There should be a VAT desk at Izmir as well at the international terminal. Just hand boarding passes four both of your flights and be sure that your paper is stamped. Then you could receive your money at the desks at Izmir-ADB or Istanbul Atatürk Airport.
-I am not familiar with desk locations at IST as I am a resident and I am not able to shop tax free.