FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree Suites by Hilton New York City - Times Square {US-NY} (no longer Honors)
Old Dec 15, 2018, 9:02 pm
jmd001

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by narsil
The hotel is being closed apparently, and all reservations after Dec 22 are being canceled.
The reason for closure is definitely renovations ... and major ones at that (as described up-thread). But as of Nov 19, the word from HonorsRep was that it was not supposed to close until some time in January. Hard to image staying open another 10 days or so after Dec 22 would jeopardize the renovations ... and it would mean a lot of lost revenue from being vacant on NY Eve ... plus severely ticking off the hundreds whose reservations got cancelled.

A couple of months ago, I noticed that award rooms where still available (at least for Diamonds), and I almost made a reservation. Now, I'm glad I did not!!! The HH points would have been refunded, but a hotel closure would never get me an airline refund.