FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Purposeful slowdown at Frankfurt security line?
Old Dec 15, 2018, 6:50 pm
marcoos

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
Typical Frankfurt.

In May, standing in a long but bearable queue to the airside Service Center in B (or was it A?) after some weather SNAFU this guy comes and says „For Lufthansa rebookings, come with me”. Stupid as I was I followed him, then I noticed him opening some doors that are usually closed, then, oh damn, are we landside now? He brings us to the absurdly huge queue to LH check-in desks and disappears. While in that queue, another LH guy comes and tells me to try the yellow check-in machine nearby which happily prints out my new boarding pass. Great, no need for queuing. Let’s go back airside. Fast Track closed, because LH gives its best customers a real 5-star treatment. Long queue to security, lots of annoyed people. 50 minutes later, back airside, I can notice the same god damn yellow machines everywhere.

Also, hell, they should have just sent me the new BP to my phone if it was that straightforward. Could have grabbed some lunch instead of touring the damn terminal in slow motion.

And some people ask me why I try my best to avoid Frankfurt.

Last edited by marcoos; Dec 15, 2018 at 7:00 pm