FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Cancun [Merged threads]
Old Dec 15, 2018, 5:16 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat
My family (me, spouse, kids 15&14) are thinking of heading to the Marriott Cancun resort in March for Spring Break. I'm Plat Premier (probably will lose in a week) and Lifetime Platinum with Marriott. Most likely booking 5 or 6 nights with points. Browsed the thread and it looks like it will meet our needs for our vacation. Not going to have a car, just want to relax with the beach/pool and take a few excursions and see the area. Couple of specific questions for those of you with experience with the property:

- Any thoughts on the Executive Suite vs. Caribbean Suite? The former looks like it is just a little larger by like 30 sq ft but has a smaller balcony. Kids will just share the pull out couch, but I guess could do a roll-away if needed.
- The Executive Suite is available for points and the Caribbean Suite is available for cash+points redemption
- Should I look to book activities before I head out there or just wait to do it through the hotel concierge? Things like snorkeling, boat excursion, maybe the water park, etc
- Because it's a "resort", I'm not expecting to get anything for my Plat Premier/LT Plat status...but is there anything that might surprise me as being offered?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
I've been to Cancun five times. You do not need nor want a rental car.

Why Cancun? You might get more from your status and even save some money going somewhere else. Puerto Rico? Or even other parts of Mexico, like Los Cabos? Cancun is basically Las Vegas on the ocean.