FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PPS Service on AC?
View Single Post
Old Dec 15, 18, 1:30 pm
ylwae

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by j2simpso View Post
I haven't flown enough AC to comment on this but I would be surprised if the top tiers on AC get similar treatment. How many FAs on an AC flight will greet you by name, let alone provide proactive service when flying in Y as a SE? From what I hear, this type of treatment rarely occurs in J! I doubt very few if any! In my mind UA and to a much greater extent AC has a lot to learn from SQ and * partners on the soft stuff like this.

Safe Travels,

James
AC promises less to begin with, so (and leaving aside what it actually delivers) I expect an AC experience to be less impressive than what I anticipate with airlines with a better reputation. Iíll say that the irregular BMW service and the signature lounge are nice baby steps. The concierges are generally much appreciated.

On all-Y aircraft, no one acknowledges my status and therefore me. In the J cabin, my status is nearly always acknowledged, though the subsequent attention varies. On the majority of occasions, the interactions become limited to whatever exchanges are needed to perform the meal/drink services.

I havenít seen a pilot interact with passengers in ages, and ground services are unremarkable, except when certain concierges become involved.