FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport [SFO] (Master Thread)
Old Dec 15, 2018, 8:48 am
xenole

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I'm staying here right now.

As a Plat, got upgraded to the club floor and I'm up on the 9th floor (16th a few days ago at LAX with my keycard having to be used to access the floor).

Traffic noise, yes there is some but it's not putting me out sleep wise, but then again I was tired anyway. Rumbling more than anything but I suppose that if you notice it, you'll keep noticing it.

Seem to be facing the parking lot, freeway and some tall trees by the park on my right.

Loads of power points (plug and USB) next to the bed etc.

No idea if there's a club lounge as it, or breakfast, wasn't mentioned.
Offered a drink or 600 points at check-in. Points haven't appeared yet whereas very quick from a recent CP LAX stay (last HI never posted, usual HIX within seconds).
2 bottles of water, some Oreos (6 pack), bag of chocolate nut type things and a Nature Valley bar were in the room.

Fridge very handy.
Keurig coffee machine.
Beekman toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, lotion, soap X2, soothing face wipe, dental kit, shower cap, vanity kit and shoe shine mitten thing).
Robe and slippers
Iron and ironing board.
Safe in closet - Added: might not actually be one?
No apparent water pressure issues as above.

Room numbers are hard to spot. They look like some 50s style Las Vegas motel ones that are small and blend into the walls.

Haven't really looked around the hotel.
Ok, as others have said, it's not spanking brand new and hi-tech, but it works for me for the night I'm staying near the airport.
It's far better equipped in the room than quite a few hotels I've stayed in (one reason I sometimes prefer a HIX over a HI, Hilton or whatever brand that lacks facilities but charges $$$$ for everything)

Got a swimming pool as well if you want that.

It's right next to the freeway so very handy for that and there's a bridge across the parking lot that takes you into Burlingame?
Nice paths and a trail up to Coyote Point, a marina (3-3.5miles? each way) etc. should you fancy a walk or run. Think you can go a lot further than that.

Shuttle bus from SFO had a bit of a wait compared to one or two others and is shared with one of the Hilton branded hotels I think.
Driver didn't leave his seat to help me with my luggage so I brought it onboard even though it says not to. Fine on the return to the airport.

Last edited by xenole; Dec 28, 2018 at 8:27 am