FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement for NO Lounge access if you score complimentary upgrades
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:32 am
HKUSFLYER

Programs: Marco Polo, BA Executive club, SPG, Hyatt,
Originally Posted by chongcao
When CX introduced lots of cut backs during last few years, people stand out and say: CX WILL loosing customers/ I will leave CX.

So in 2018, what happened? They are still with CX. Few left but more come in so CX plane is still full that they have to give op-up as usual.

Also the question for you is, how long the 'other Hong Kong carrier' can survive as its parent company is bleeding money badly. So far the 'other Hong Kong carrier' still could not do its IPO due to its shady financial situation. Its parent company is said to have sold 20 billions US dollar worth of assets to cover its loss. And it is said that it is in discussion with the big mainland carrier about a sale of its core airline assets.

By all means, leave CX and see if CX will shut down tomorrow. You are a free agent.

Ultimately, CX is doing something nice to people who got op-up. It was a gift. Why criticise the people who give you a gift just because the gift giver did not wrap it with gift paper?

If you feel so strongly about it, next time when you receive an op-up, give it to another person who might need it.
Well, how CX plans to run its business is really, its business. I as a customer however will react accordingly.

Last time I see, the financials aren't too great with CX either. It has some improvements with the oil prices but probably also a little bit of cuts here and there

And the kind of campaign they are having now......Fanfare final countdown? Must be because CX has a kind heart towards its customers.

And I shall reiterate, if they plan to be a budget airline, they will eventually be one. I and a lot of others will still come in for its cheap prices. Will people give CX a chance to try out their business class, if they were given a half-bake treatment of what it was suppose to be? debatable.

And pretty soon, they probably will be giving out a lot more of these half-baked product, because the plan will be filled with fanfare-budget conscious travelers and no business developed on paid business class.........

And I shall continue to get my chance on these...........as an economy/AM exchanged passenger.