FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:34 pm
wildway

Programs: Alaska Air
JAL Schedule Change Policy

Does JAL have an official policy regarding schedule changes? In other words, if the original flight departure time changes by X number of minutes, a person can change/cancel their itinerary? Specifically, if a flight departure changes by 30 minutes, is there any hope of recourse? Forgive me if this is covered somewhere. I have tried to search. Lots of info out there on US carriers, but I've had no luck finding JAL's policy.

For more detail, I did contact JAL by email and received a response that I could refund the ticket with no penalty - but since I booked the ticket through an OTA it had to be done through the OTA. Unfortunately, I made the rookie mistake of booking my ticket through Justfly. They, unsurprisingly, tell me it's a minor change and are unwilling to refund or change the ticket. I'm looking for any type of written policy, in addition to my email from JAL, to help persuade Justfly to refund or change my ticket. Does anyone have any information about JAL's policy when they change a scheduled flight time? Thank you for sharing if you do! And my deepest apologies if this has been asked and answered.