FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Experiences using RUCs/complimentary upgrades on Aeromexico Flights
Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:33 pm
fender5787

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Experiences using RUCs/complimentary upgrades on Aeromexico Flights

Hi all,

Forgive me if there is already a thread about this issue, but I was hoping to hear some of you guys' experiences using RUC's and/or complimentary upgrades on Aeromexico operated flights. Specifically, if you used an RUC, did it clear immediately or were you able to get waitlisted? And if you got a complimentary upgrade, did it clear beforehand, or did you have to ask AM staff at check-in, lounge, or gate to put you on the upgrade list? And most importantly, did you book the flight via DL's website (and the flight would have a DL flight number though operated by AM) or did you book via the AM website? I've been getting incredibly mixed messages from the Plat desk about RUCs being able to be used on a booking with an AM flight number vs. a DL flight number, with a few agents saying I can't use an RUC if I book the flight via the DL app and it has a DL flight number, to others saying it doesn't matter. I figured I'd get you guys' advice before I book the ticket, seeing how the DL agents have been pretty useless and I don't want to be stuck not being able to use an RUC or be eligible for a complimentary upgrade. Thanks so much!