FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using my HH number on a reservation made under my wife's name
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:20 pm
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by TheSpruceMoose
Apologies if this has been asked/answered before -- I searched around and couldn't find anything.

Through my wife's work, we have an upcoming 30+ day stay but they've booked the reservation under her name only. I'm usually the one who travels for work, so all the Hilton points and status is under my name and she has no HH account at all. Since I will be staying with her for the entire stay, is it possible to add my Hilton Honors number to the reservation to collect points and get free breakfast, etc? Or is there some better approach to this?

Thanks!
Yea, completely agree with the above, the front desk will be able to sort it out and put the stay under your name and Hilton number. Unlike airlines, hotels in general are not nearly as strict about name matching and this type of thing. I've had plenty of instances where the front desk was able to switch a room booked under someone else's name to my name/account and vice versa. I would actually just call the hotel beforehand to add your name/number to the stay so they know your status for upgrades, benefits, etc.