FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Interesting Court Decision In Germany - Passenger does not need to fly last leg
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:24 am
PAL62V

Originally Posted by simons1
Every time this comes up the same one example from 3 years ago gets used. A travel agency where if happened on a regular basis and it is easy for BA to recover the money as the agency know they will otherwise lose their agency.

There are no examples I'm aware of where an individual booking direct has been charged.

Really one way or the other this needs a test case for us to be more certain but somehow I would be surprised if the airline forces one, particularly as this must account for a fraction of journeys. Let sleeping dogs lie is their internal legal advice I imagine.
Agreed. I can't count the number of people, some of whom are well travelled themselves who are surprised to hear that I sometimes do an ex-EU flight and how much can be saved. They are totaly unaware of what it is, what it entails and some of them also don't feel it's worth the extra flights for the savings. As I said before, we are in the FT bubble and it's commonplace talk. Out in the real world I would assume the total percentage of ex-EU travellers would be in single digits and the number who drop the last leg would be even lower.