FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2018 master thread
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:35 am
patrickw

- Name of the hotel:
Victory House - London Leicester Square - MGallery by Sofitel

- What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Quite

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked classic room single bed because it has the lowest rate for central London for that day except ibis, even Mercure is asking for more (Lowest rate, but not exactly cheap). At first I was given room 116 which has quite a large room, but the whole view from the window is an electricity control panel so I requested to change to another room. It might be a superior room since it's facing Leicester Square but I'm not sure

- How are the rooms?
The room is pretty ok but it is definitely a bit tight in size. Being in a historical building means you can feel and hear when you are walking around the room or someone is walking outside. They provided ear plugs since my room is facing Leicester Square but probably since it was a weekday when I stayed and I can sleep generally everywhere I think the noise level wasn't that bad on that night even without ear plugs.

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:
The location is really central
the bed is very comfortable

Bad:
Perhaps my previous MGallery experience which was in Prague and Bangkok (both are excellent) made my expectation a little high.
-Some amenities such as slippers are missing
-The housekeeping is not good enough (I found plastic bag from previous user)
-Turn down service which was advertised did not happen
-The TV channel selection is lacking (The novotel I wrote above is better)

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
Drink voucher was given without asking
There was also a printed welcome letter given upon check in
Late check out was granted

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
If the same situation happens again (last minute booking when it's the cheapest inside the London city area and the rates elsewhere is almost insane) then probably yes, otherwise other options in London might have better value of money.

Added: I just remember one strange thing of the hotel, the keycard holder used was printed for Hotel Indigo London - 1 Leicester Square which is weird

Last edited by patrickw; Dec 13, 2018 at 6:43 am