FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to Ambassador from 1st March 2019 (now confirmed)
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:15 am
Atacama40

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim

Exactly this. Does not having a minibar make me quit the program? No. But this was the fun differentiator. Now, if I have a Hyatt and an IC, I’ll be more likely to go to the Hyatt - with suspicious upgrade rules and no more minibar ($50 is not even enough for two singles in sone properties, and seriously, two singles is really not a lot of drink), this really makes me questions the value prop.

Said with precision .... 'a fun differentiator' .... I like that. And what is wrong with that? Zero.

Have to say if I conducted all my stays based on need, rationality, modesty and role model behaviour then what a dull miserable existence it would be!

The day I have to sit on a budget airline running for a seat and have to stay at a 'sensible hotel' with 'sensible benefits' is the day I take up clay pot or chocolate fudge making as a business ... at home. By the way, I know many folks have to do that so it's tongue in cheek comment but you get what I mean. This stuff should be fun not subsistence.