FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - E-rewards [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:04 am
PointsPursuer

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Similar to the other posters on this thread, I have been redeeming my e-rewards for Hilton Honors points for many years and the redemption has always been immediate. My redemption from two weeks ago, however, had still not posted. I wrote to e-rewards customer service and was told the following:
We are very sorry for the delay.Hilton Honors has changed the process for points delivery and posting time and now It can take up to 8 weeks for the points to be appear into your HH account, since is the first time they are doing these credits manually.If after 8 weeks you still do not see your points posted to your HH account, please let us know.
I don’t understand the basis for Hilton’s change and strongly suspect that something else (likely more sinister) is going on here. Why in the world would Hilton revert to a “manual entry” approach? That makes no sense at all.

If the problem was attributable to some issue with Hilton’s recent system upgrade, I could see it. That’d be frustrating, but it would be understandable. But a purported reversion to manual entry seems like a joke and, to me, is indicative of something fishy going on behind the scenes. I hope others will follow up and demand greater transparency from Hilton, which historically has not played these silly games.