FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to Ambassador from 1st March 2019 (now confirmed)
Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:00 am
FlyerTalker688786
Suspended

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Absolutely. Hotels generally detest the mini-bar system: in accounting terms it loses money, It soaks up time and creates conflict.

The current RA write-off is simplicity - the proposed nonsense will just increase the admin headache while pissing off IHG's most regular guests.

The text discovered by our fellow FTer reads like the attempt of a new intake MBA to make his/her name as an agent of change...
Not to dispute, but basically IHG has two choices: cancel the entire RA programme or restrict the usages of unlimited mini-bar. I am just glad that they choose the later.

Then to dispute your comment, USD$50 credit is equal to THREE miniatures or TWO miniatures + FEW non-alcoholic drinks in most IC hotels. Would you agree that is plenty intake of drinks to most of the average people considering more UNLIMITED drinks can be had during happy hours in Club Lounge? If that is case, why RAs would get upset because they can not drink like a fish anymore? Not every RA is seasoned drinker and I am sure many people can see through the sense of moderate drinking. So, could I guess that 'pissing of IHG's most regular guest' really means 'piss off IHG's raid-the-entire-minibar guests'?

I don't think I would like to defend IHG. I am tired of their non-existence Spire benefits in other hotels. And I am not saying restrict minibar is a good idea. But I do fail to see how a reasonable average people would see the USD$50 daily credit and unlimited Club Lounge evening drinks would piss off at the policy.