FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Same Day Changes (SDC) and Free Change on the Day (FCOD) on BA tickets
Old Dec 12, 2018, 9:20 am
flatlander

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There is a good reason why this worked. Upthread I've made some comments about either using BA.com or if using the App, login via the Avios side as well, then try SDC. If changing a non BA channel ticket, you need to pass "Know Your Customer", so a corporate ticket issued to you, showing in BA.com after a full login, will pass that test. If you had another frequent flyer card on it, and/or you used the App without a full login, then you would fail that test. What you effectively did was to align your ticket and BAEC personality to give sufficient reassurance that you were in tthe right place. When SDC was first allowed, you may recall that BA started asking for passport numbers for non BA tickets - it was all part of that same Know Your Customer. There are some boring legal aspects behind this. You could have just rung BA instead or walked it past an agent at check-in.
Yes, I see, that does agree with my observations, thanks for the background info. Although to be clear, I was logged in to ba.com when I tried the first time. What really seemed to matter in this case was having my BAEC number on the ticket.

No time to phone earlier today, and I didn't want to risk the availability disappearing, hence I used online options. But it's good to know that phoning works too.

Last edited by flatlander; Dec 12, 2018 at 10:32 am