FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Baccarat Hotel NY
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:54 am
KU104

Originally Posted by Aventine
Four Seasons Downtown is a favorite of ours. The Mark has excellent service and rooms.
Thanks, FS is a bit out of the way from where we would like to stay.

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
@besvisor loves the Baccarrat. He’s a travel advisor and he’s got a prettty good relationship with them I think.

I havent stayed there. The pictures seem a bit over the top for me. Park Hyatt has crummy service but a good hard product.

Fdw
Agreed about PH. Not heard good things about the service

Originally Posted by newfrequent
I have stayed twice, the lobby and bar are a bit OTT. However the rooms are really well appointed and beautifully designed in my opinion.

The first time I had some real service issues, they made me switch rooms after the 1st night with no replacement room available for hours and handled it horrendously.

The 2nd time I stayed everything was good but nothing exceptional. I'd stay away from the packages as they didn't seem to deliver any great value. Virtuoso benefits for me were 3rd night free and a guaranteed upgrade + the usual.

I stayed in a classic suite both times and thought the layout was good for living room privacy but the bedroom was cramped.
Thanks for the feedback. Seems like booking through a TA would be better for this hotel than direct if they have recovery issues when things go wrong.