FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA | 2018 edition
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2018, 4:34 am
jerub

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by Strawb
I was in the OneWorld business lounge at TBIT recently and witnessed a couple taking over the 2 sofas in front of the TV opposite the food buffet area, near the entrance. They had made themselves quite at home, personal possessions all over the area. Lady had sunglasses on and was sitting normally, glued to her phone. Her companion, wearing trackies, a lot of bling and a t-shirt that didn't cover his lower back, was lying belly down with both bare feet hanging off the armrest. I honestly could not believe what I was seeing.

None of the lounge staff seemed interested in going anywhere near them. It was just unsightly and I had no interest in sitting anywhere near them, unlike some others in close proximity. As I was on the other side of the bar out of view of this unpleasant sight I ignored it...but what would you do?
Absolutely nothing. I would do absolutely nothing about it. Even if there were no seats left in the entire lounge: I would prefer to stand cocktail party style (juggling small plate of food, napkin, and champagne glass while trying to have polite conversation with someone I don't know the name of) than approach people acting like that.