FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vayama - Dispute over Ticket Conditions
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:04 am
doradee

Vayama - Dispute over Ticket Conditions

I purchased a ticket for traveling from Bangkok to Washington DC on Turkish Airlines from Vayama. I already used the outbound portion of the ticket, and now I want to change the returning portion, pushing the returning flight date two months out. When I called Vayama, the agent told me she could not change my ticket because the fare rules say that I have a 3 months maximum stay. When I originally purchased the ticket, I did read over the fare rules, and I don't recall seeing anything about that besides a maximum stay of 12 months after the original departure. So I called back, and again the agent insisted that my ticket has a fare rules that limit the maximum stay to 3 months. I asked where she's getting that fare rules from and if she could send a copy to me. She didn't hang up the phone, but she went completely silent. I only heard ambient noises from then on, and the agent wouldn't talk to me anymore.

The original flight dates are Nov 4th - Jan 16th. The ticket was purchased in September.

Below is a copy of the fare rules- the only ones that I have and agreed to when making the purchase. Am I missing something here?

Minimum Stay
Mn.min stayBase fareFrom/to bkk for fares with footnote g travel from last fare break outside country of fare
origin must commence no earlier than 3 days after arrival at the first fare break outside country of fare
origin or - travel from last fare break outside country of fare origin must commence no earlier than 1201am on
the first sun after arrival at the first fare break outside country of fare origin.
Maximum Stay
Mx.max stayBase fare travel from last stopover must commence no later than 12 months after departure from fare
origin.
Penalties
Pe.penaltiesBase fareBetween the united states and area 3 originating the united states - changes any time
charge usd 135.00 for reissue/revalidation. note - repricing conditions-
--------------------
a-before departure- itinerary must be re-priced using current fares in effect on the date the ticket is
reissued the itinerary must meet all rule provisions of the newly ticketed fare including advance purchase --ap
means- tkt must be purchased a minimum number of days before the flight departs - a change is a
date/flight/routing/booking code change. - refund/reissue charge only applies for adult/child and infant
occupying a seat. these charges will not apply for infant not occupying a seat. however if nonref information
is available on ticket that means ticket cannot be refunded. - new fare may be equal or higher. when the new -
itinerary results in a higher fare the difference will be collected and the change fee will be applied. -
charges shall not be waived for medical reason - where this fare is combined with another fare and only one
fare component is changed the penalty conditions of the changed fare component will apply when more than one
fare component is being changed the highest penalty of all changed fare components will apply - for domestic
turkey sectors - without charge - - b-after departure- - the itinerary must be re-priced using historical fares
in effect on the original ticketing date. the new itinerary must meet all the rule provisions of the newly
ticketed fares such that the recalculated fare could have been used for the new itinerary if purchased on the
original ticket issue date - a change is a date/flight/routing/booking code change. - charge applies per
transaction - per person for adult child and infant with seat. infants without a seat are not charged the fee -
new fare may be equal or higher. when the new - itinerary results in a higher fare the difference will be
collected and the change fee will be applied. - where this fare is combined with another fare and only one fare
component is changed the penalty conditions of the changed fare component will apply when more than one fare
component is being changed the highest penalty of all changed fare components will apply -- charges shall not
be waived for medical reason - - for domestic turkey sectors - without charge - - note- sequential use of
flight coupons - this fare is only valid if the flights are taken in the booked sequence. otherwise the fare
will be recalculated based on the actual flight routing. -- any time- -- revalidation/rebooking/rerouting must
be finalized before departure of the original flight being changed provided all conditions except advance
purchase are complied with. charge usd 270.00 for no-show. note - flight coupon of a passenger having a reserved seat but not showing up check in desk for on time is accepted as no-show reservation needs to
cancelled and ticket needs to reissued before the original flight otherwise is accepted as no show - charges
shall not be waived for medical reason -
--------------------------------------------------
- c a n c e l l a t i o n -- any time -- -
--------------------------------------------------
ticket is non-refundable in case of cancel/refund - not permitted even for medical reason - for non refundable
tickets the -yr-surcharge will not be refunded. - when fares are combined the most restrictive conditions apply
- the original non-refundable amount remains non-refundable. - no- show ticket is non-refundable in case of
no/show cancellations ticket is non-refundable in case of no-show. note - in the event of no show - when refund
is requested after departure of the originally scheduled flight- not permitted even for medical reason for non
refundable tickets the -yr- surcharge will not be refunded. before departure ticket is non-refundable in case
of cancel/refund. note - not permitted even for medical reason for non refundable tickets the -yr- surcharge
will not be refunded. - - when fares are combined the most restrictive conditions apply - the original nonrefundable
amount remains non-refundable. after departure ticket is non-refundable in case of cancel/refund.
note - not permitted even for medical reason for non refundable tickets the -yr- surcharge will not be
refunded. - - when fares are combined the most restrictive conditions apply - the original non-refundable
amount remains non-refundable. originating area 3 - changes any time charge usd 130.00 for
reissue/revalidation. note - repricing conditions-

--------------------
a-before departure- itinerary must be re-priced using current fares in effect on the date the ticket is
reissued the itinerary must meet all rule provisions of the newly ticketed fare including advance purchase --ap
means- tkt must be purchased a minimum number of days before the flight departs - a change is a
date/flight/routing/booking code change. - refund/reissue charge only applies for adult/child and infant
occupying a seat. these charges will not apply for infant not occupying a seat. however if nonref information
is available on ticket that means ticket cannot be refunded. - new fare may be equal or higher. when the new -
itinerary results in a higher fare the difference will be collected and the change fee will be applied. -
charges shall not be waived for medical reason - where this fare is combined with another fare and only one
fare component is changed the penalty conditions of the changed fare component will apply when more than one
fare component is being changed the highest penalty of all changed fare components will apply - for domestic
turkey sectors - without charge - - b-after departure- - the itinerary must be re-priced using historical fares
in effect on the original ticketing date. the new itinerary must meet all the rule provisions of the newly
ticketed fares such that the recalculated fare could have been used for the new itinerary if purchased on the
original ticket issue date - a change is a date/flight/routing/booking code change. - charge applies per
transaction - per person for adult child and infant with seat. infants without a seat are not charged the fee -
new fare may be equal or higher. when the new - itinerary results in a higher fare the difference will be
collected and the change fee will be applied. - where this fare is combined with another fare and only one fare
component is changed the penalty conditions of the changed fare component will apply when more than one fare
component is being changed the highest penalty of all changed fare components will apply -- charges shall not
be waived for medical reason - - for domestic turkey sectors - without charge - - note- sequential use of
flight coupons - this fare is only valid if the flights are taken in the booked sequence. otherwise the fare
will be recalculated based on the actual flight routing. -- any time- -- revalidation/rebooking/rerouting must
be finalized before departure of the original flight being changed provided all conditions except advance
purchase are complied with. charge usd 260.00 for no-show. note - flight coupon of a passenger having a
reserved seat but not showing up check in desk for on time is accepted as no-show reservation needs to
cancelled and ticket needs to reissued before the original flight otherwise is accepted as no show - charges
shall not be waived for medical reason - cancellations ticket is non-refundable in case of no-show. note - in
the event of no show - when refund is requested after departure of the originally scheduled flight- not
permitted even for medical reason for non refundable tickets the -yr- surcharge will not be refunded. before
departure ticket is non-refundable in case of cancel/refund. note - not permitted even for medical reason for
non refundable tickets the -yr- surcharge will not be refunded. - - when fares are combined the most
restrictive conditions apply - the original non-refundable amount remains non-refundable. after departure
ticket is non-refundable in case of cancel/refund. note - not permitted even for medical reason for non
refundable tickets the -yr- surcharge will not be refunded. - - when fares are combined the most restrictive
conditions apply - the original non-refundable amount remains non-refundable.