FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Fleet Information
View Single Post
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:47 pm
CXfanatic

Originally Posted by QRC3288
Did you get things backwards? CX870 is HKG-SFO, not SFO-HKG.

Anyway, we're not privy to why, of course. But among the reasons could be tech issues / delays on other rotations with 77K (10 across), spare 77G (9 across) frames, and/or not a full house in Y so a swap to 77G could do the trick. There are 11 77Ks and 9 77Gs at the moment. Conversions are happening much quicker than I expected...which tells me CX has a strong economic incentive to get this 10-abreast fit-out completed. I'm a fan because the 10-abreast fit-outs are usually happening in tandem with Wi-Fi installs.

It really does seem to be 77K is going everywhere the 77G/77K fleet flies, although SFO, LAX (on CX884 once a week), YYZ, LHR, JNB and India flights seem to be getting them much more regularly than other destinations. I presume these are destinations with the heaviest load factors.

Assuming you really mean CX879 (SFO-HKG), you'll get confirmation shortly as CX870 takes off in an hour or two.
No, not at all. We all flew CX879 3 weeks ago. I meant CX870, and I am in the US, it's Monday night here, Tuesday in Hong Kong, so the flight already took off as we speak and is arriving into SFO on Tuesday morning SFO time. He's currently on B-KQQ as we speak which is a 9-across plane, in old livery, but no Wifi. I would have been happy to get a frame like that on CX870 when I came back on Sunday the 2nd of December.

I guess you may be right, ExpertFlyer doesn't show Y to be a full house indeed. Maybe it's different as opposed to flying back home on a weekend and after all, right now it's off peak travel season so I'm not surprised.