FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking 2 One Way Redemptions using 3 accounts!!
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:10 pm
tonymc

Programs: BA, VA
Apologies everyone - I thought I had posted the reply below on Sunday, but it failed to upload.
================================================== ==============================
Thanks everyone for taking time to reply.

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Since your ultimate desire is to have return tickets booked for 45K each, you'll need to book 2 tickets out of the 120k account and the other two tickets individually out of the other accounts.

Even if you wanted to book one-ways, you can't top up to 22.5K out of two different accounts to book one reward. Each account must spend the miles for at least one leg of the ticket (i.e. 22.5K) So you can't get 3 one-ways @ 22.5K each out of 60K or 50K.
With regard to the one-ways, I was looking to use 2x 22.5k from each of the accounts holding 60k and 50k points, then book all four return flights out of the 120k account. However, is it the case that if VA could effectively “convert” the two one-way bookings into a return, then the same rules would apply if making a return booking i.e. all three accounts would have to contribute 60k to the total 180k miles? It’s not a problem as I have 10k of Amex Rewards points that can be transferred to the account with 50k miles, but just need to sort out this transfer in good time!!!