FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Be careful if booking with Expedia (and wanting to upgrade using vouchers)
Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:07 pm
headingwest

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hsumh316
I was thinking about booking with expedia for my trip but was worried that it wouldn't be A3 (390) or OA (050) ticket stock.
The bookings I made were on 050 and 390 stock, so no worries there...just make sure you get the right booking fares!!!

One bit of good news, I called Expedia(co.uk) and asked about their cancellation policy, specifically under the 24 hour period. I was told that I could cancel the flights but a £25 fee would be deducted. I pressed the agent on the '24 hour cooling off period' and to my surprise she said she'd waive the fee. I'm not actually sure if they have a 'cooling off' period but she waived the fee anyway. So I'll get a full refund within 72 hours (as the payment wasn't actually taken, the amount was just blocked). All in all a very good result for me, and surprisingly painless (no questions asked and the whole telephone call took less than 5 minutes).

This particular incident (specifically the J fare) left a bitter aftertaste. Aegean needs to be clearer on this, if J isn't upgradeable, then it should be listed on the voucher terms & conditions.