FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Understanding the United Upgrade List Comprehensively {Archive}
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:35 am
wxguy

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by txaggiemiles
This weekend I flew the ERJ175 where it was PZ7 or more both directions up till departure. Outbound I upgraded at the Plat window, as normally happens. On the return the computer processed no upgrades even though inventory was 3 of 12 booked with a high PZ availability. GA processed all the upgrades at the gate as we boarded and it went out 10/12 so it really does just seem random when the computer chooses to upgrade.
Recently I had an ORD-HKG W fare W/L for PN -- at booking it was PN0. But a few days ago I checked, and it was PN3 PZ1, but my upgrade had not cleared. I called GS, and the agent manually pushed it through. She told me that she sees a lot of these "stuck" upgrade W/Ls that don't clear when PN/PZ opens, and has reported these up the chain as she verified they are supposed to automatically clear if upgrade inventory is released.