Old Dec 10, 18, 7:31 am
headingwest

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold)
Originally Posted by jerry_greece View Post
*For the domestic flight: I can imagine that the issue that these flights are sold/marketed as OA fights, thus they are not available through the usual distribution channels. For me, it would be suspicious the fact that the price was much lower than the usual. Full-Y fare is more than 100 euro! If you bought P, then that should be something like 50 euro?
57.07 for ATH-CFU return. To be honest, I did think it was strange, but as Expedia usually (always) displays the correct booking fare, I thought it was a mistake fare. I wrote to Expedia, telling them that they should provide what was advertised, but got no reply....what a surprise!

Originally Posted by jerry_greece View Post
*For the J-international flight: J is indeed an IT-fare (made available for online OTAs). Although I agree with you on this (it is not clear how these fares are available), A3 is within their rights according to the T&C.
Interesting. If J is a special fare, why don't they include it on the list of exemptions on the upgrade vouchers (along with U,P,T)? This actually annoyed me more than the OA booking, because the agent effectively missold me the flights in that case. Aegean should be clearer about the rules.

Originally Posted by Xandrios View Post
Regarding the J fare things are slightly more 'grey area'. Its virtually impossible for the pax to know that this is a special kind of ticket, unless you accidentally read about it. It did come up here on FT recently, but only very few people would be aware.
Yeah, I should have done some research here first. I didn't realise the J fare is not eligible. Does that mean no miles either?

Oh well, I shall just have to try and recoup some of my money back (with a few stiff drinks) in the lounge before the flights!