FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Understanding the United Upgrade List Comprehensively {Archive}
Old Dec 10, 2018, 7:30 am
fumje
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blort
No. General member, upgrade request supported by my RPU.

No idea. I would have inquired with the GA had I been there.

Appreciate all the ideas. Naturally I think shenanigans when that kind of thing happens, especially so close to departure...
From what's been reported about how the visible list populates in a few edge cases, I think it's possible that 2. Sto, R and 7. Hob, K were supported by GS certificates (and had no status) but were on lower fares than 1. Erk, J. If PN opened they could have been cleared by the computer first. Not sure what a GA would have done in that case, but I'd expect adhere to the visible list instead.

In any case, I agree it looks odd.

Originally Posted by emcampbe
Heres a new one for me.

UA 6061 tomorrow. Showing J8, PZ4 since yesterday. No ones been upgraded as of now, and we’re basically at T-23. I’m on a 3 pax PNR, with 2 silvers, so I presume soemone should have been upgraded now, if not the 3 of us.

I know the system sometimes delays sweeps by a few minutes, say 5-15. But never seen it not run this long with open space. Any idea why this might happen?
Originally Posted by emcampbe

interesting. Ok. I know they haven’t always CPUd with old R/PZ2 or less, but seeing PZ4, I’ve never seen a sweep not occur, except way back in the very new post merger days, when out of sync PNRs basically froze the upgrade process.

No instrument applied, just a CPU. As as it turns out, not too long after posting, upgrade email came through. My time stamp is showing 8:03 here in PHX, which would make it roughly 22 hours 45 minutes prior to departure. Like I said, seen it off by several
minutes before, but never longer than 15.
I wrote (/ am writing) about a similar experience in the CPU thread:
Originally Posted by fumje
Hm, something seems wrong.

Flight in two days on e75, booked 1/12 in F, has been PZ9 for last two days at least, no CPU.

It's a short flight, so I'm just going to wait and see what happens.
Perhaps I need to count down to 22h45m to see what happens next for me.