FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Annual Trip to the Sun - AC Rouge in Premium Rouge
Old Dec 10, 2018, 7:09 am
canforce

Programs: AC
Annual Trip to the Sun - AC Rouge in Premium Rouge

Every year around this time we take a trip down to Mexico to our favourite resort. It has become a tradition and really one of the weeks we look forward to the most. In the past we have mostly flown down on United but after experiencing troubles over the last few years (smoke alarm in toilet, snow in Cleveland and utter chaos in Newark) we decided this year to fly on Air Canada.

Now being that Air Canada has changed just about all of their Cancun flights to Rouge, there is not much of a choice but to fly this airline. Air Transat and Sunwing also offer flights to Cancun from Montreal but we prefer to fly a mainline (or in this case mainline ish) carrier. Thus we went online and to our surprise the price of Air Fare this year has skyrocketed. In past years we have gotten flights to Cancun in the 400ish Canadian per person price range but every airline this year was coming up at 700+ including all the US carriers. When we crunched the numbers we realized it would only cost a few hundred dollars more to book in Air Canada Premium Rouge over the economy price. Once you factored in the 20% discount coupon I had we were nearly the same price.

Thus our route will be very simple this year. My wife was shocked when I gave her the trip plan and there were no connections. If anyone has any questions about Rouge or Cancun that they would like me to investigate on the trip let me know and I will do my best to find you an answer. If not, I will update as we go along this weekend! Safe travels everyone.