FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Cancels Leg, Rescheduled Flight Guarantees Misconnect
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:42 am
DYKWIA
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by JaysonW
BA sent an email this afternoon saying that our flight, BA1395, from MAN-LHR in our MAN-LHR-KRK itinerary, has been canceled. They re-booked us on BA1399 which leaves MAN at 1550 and arrives at LHR at 1655. Not quite sure why this flight was chosen as the LHR-KRK leg, BA872, departs at 1650; virtually guaranteeing a missed connection. We're flying in on SQ51 (IAH-MAN) in Business at 1005, should I have BA change BA1399 to BA1391 which leaves at 1210? Is two hours enough time to clear immigration, collect our bags, check in at BA, and then clear security? Is taking the train from Manchester Airport to Heathrow a better alternative? That is replacing BA1391 (MAN-LHR) with the train, then picking up BA872 on a new itinerary?
The 2 hour connection should be just about OK, if a little tight for my liking. It's quite a trek from T2 to T3, especially with luggage. Security at T3 should be OK at that time. If the IAH-MAN flight is delayed by 30 minutes, then you are in trouble.

I wouldn't recommend the train. You'd need at least 2 changes of train, which again would be a pain with luggage.

Have you considered a direct flight from MAN-KRK rather than via LHR? I think Jet2 and Ryanair both fly direct. Jet2 are moving all their operations to T2 at some point (they are split between T1 & T2 at the moment), so that may be better.