View Single Post
Old Dec 8, 18, 11:53 pm
yorweb

Programs: BAEC Blue, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by moondog View Post
Multiple stops are certainly fine, as long as the total stay in China is 24 hours or less.
I am not going this route as I don't want the hassle because it does indeed involve getting off the plane, collecting luggage, going throigh immigration only to have check back in, go through immigration to get back on the same plane. I am not that desperate to save 40.

I've also read there's a small chance that I could be denied boarding because Sanya is not in the TWOV scheme according to TIMATIC. Indeed when I made a dummy booking, the CZ website actually states "The China Transit Visa will be required for Non-Chinese Passport holders if passenger is transiting to a third country via CZ652/CZ651 London-Sanya flight." Appreciate I won't be in China for 24 hours but I am putting myself in the hands of the checkin or gate agent as to whether I actually get on the plane. Couple of years ago I was checking in at Manchester Airport en-route to the Philippines and was asked to show my Visa to enter that country so you're not always dealing with the brightest of buttons.