FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CDG 2E : Transit lounge accessible for K-gate departure
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:04 pm
ijgordon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goldorak
You can take a shower in the AF lounge in the 2E concourse (airside) you are departing from. It will be for sure a busy time for showers as a lot of long-haul flights arrive at that time, but it's clearly impossible to predict how long your wait will be. But there's a significant number of showers (it's not like at KL lounge/AMS with their ridiculous 4 showers), so it shouldn't be a problem with your long connection time. And you don't need a towel (provided by AF).
To connect from T3, you will have to walk to the RER/CDGVAL station (about 200m) and take the CDGVAL to T2, then walk to T2E.
There are 7 showers in the 2E (K) lounge, not sure I would call that significant, at least not compared to a typical arrivals lounge (which I don’t think OP has access to), but definitely better than 4!. Not sure if L lounge has more. I arrived about this time a few weeks ago from HKG, and by the time I went to go take a shower (I guess I forgot to do it right away), maybe 6:30-7am, there were about 6 people ahead of me and it was a 20-30 minute wait. You have to just stand in line though, they don’t give you a pager like, say, the BA lounges in LHR.