FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: All (Platinum, Gold, Executive; Business) 2018
Old Dec 7, 2018, 4:54 pm
LWT3

Originally Posted by parkkibum

I want to open Citi AA business Plat with 70,000 bonus soon but there is term that says bonus is not eligible to person who opened/closed past 24 months.

Technically i should be able to open on 1/1/2019 but I don't know how Citi calculates 24months. is there anybody who churned the card close to that 24 months range?

thank you.
Citi is awful at counting, so you need to build in a cushion. I think I've seen posts from people whose last account was opened/closed ~25 months previously who had to fight to get their bonus. So unless you have either an offer that will expire soon after 1/1/19 or you have a large purchase planned for early January that you plan to put on the card, I would try to wait until mid-January before applying. It's probably a good idea to chat with Citi and ask them when your last business Plat was opened closed and then confirm your new app is beyond the 24 months, then save the chat transcript. Then apply and be prepared to follow up with them if the bonus doesn't post.

(I think I've also seen reports of cases in which the personal card was opened >24 months ago but a business card was opened more recently, and Citi initially denied the bonus based on the timing of the business card opening. They were able to get the bonus after some back and forth with Citi by quoting the terms of the offer and proving they had met them.)

Last edited by LWT3; Dec 7, 2018 at 8:47 pm