FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia booking system time zone bug for US customers
Old Dec 7, 2018, 4:01 pm
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by cowie
This piqued my curiosity enough to nudge me to test it out. Your narrative checks out. I can't imagine how many people in similar circumstances would have chalked it up to their own error and paid up! All the best with the chargeback.
I appreciate the confirmation!

My call with Chase was rather disappointing. They said basically, even though I may have strong circumstantial evidence that a bug exists, ultimately I cannot prove that I *didn't* intend to book March 3rd, therefore they would not be able to refute it if the airline claimed that, and therefore the agent said he could not initiate any dispute or claim process.

I asked for a supervisor in case that would make a difference, and she said the most she could do for me was issue a $100 customer service credit and that this was the maximum amount she was authorized. This *almost* covers the cost of the ticket, so at least financially this seems like an adequate response.

I'm still somewhat troubled that, by this logic, consumers have zero protections when ordering something that they cannot see or confirm in hand before the payment is processed. If you order product X, and throughout the process the web site shows you product X, and then you receive an email confirmating saying "congratulations on your purchase of product Y" then you have absolutely no recourse apparently

So the question now is, do I set my laptop to Singapore and book the correct dates on Air Asia anyway

(I noticed also that they don't even have a way to cancel a ticket on their web site, only to change/modify a flight)