FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Arr HKG in J on CX, Depart 5 hours later on Air Asia-Help
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:49 pm
tentseller
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by odie11
Yes-separate tickets (not ideal, I know). So, that should eat up most of our time. Good to know!

I will look into the Centurion Lounge but also good to know if it is not convenient or is full that it is comfortable waiting airside. I am thinking there will be enough to hold our attention as well!

I appreciate the info. If we arrive with carry on only, is their a lounge in the arrivals hall we can use as arriving J passengers? Am thinking freshening up and/or showers-we connect in DMK on our way to RGN so it will have been a loooong time since we last showered by the time we arrive at our hotel in RGN!
Base on what you have and your needs this is recommended:

Off the plane, immigration and then head to T2 check-in for Air Asia. They have a carry on limit of 7 kg and anything heavier will need to be checked in. Check baggage is sold by weight and paying at check-in is very expensive. You can buy baggage weight allowance when you buy the ticket or any time before check-in.
T2 is the same building as T1.

There is an underground train that runs T2, T1, T1 high gates (Centurian Lounge) and 200 gates(separate building). Air Asia will depart from the 200 gates.
Take this train to the T1 high gate stop from T2, freshen up at Centurian Lounge.

When you disembark/Alight the train for Centurian lounge, ask the staff at that stop on how to get back onto that train to head to the 200 gates.