FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I know its a first world problem, but how can I stop this happening?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:22 am
jerry a. laska
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by antipest
Ok, as the title says.... But I am officially annoyed.

I flew back in F from PVG in May and GRU last week and on both occasions they have run out of Grand Siecle rather quickly after take off. I have taken 4 return trips in F this year and they have run out on 2 occasions I make this a 50% failure rate and unacceptable. This is along with no claret and rose fizz.

I am flying back from PVG on New Years eve on a day flight and I would dearly love to enjoy a glass or two with wifey and 2 other friends in the cabin, what worries me is that the people celebrating on the way out will have drunk the 'return flights share'. Would it be worth writing to someone higher up the food chain (Carolina Martinoli)? In the hope that this stops happening or do the knowledgable amongst you think I am wasting paper and ink?

On the ex PVG flight the FSM filled in a complaint form and I get some random reply not answering the complaint. On the latest flight the CSD filled in a report and I received 6500 Avios, but I have heard nothing from CS.

Don't get me wrong, I am not after special favours I just want to try and get what is part of the First offering without being told "sorry its all gone".

Is this a common problem running out of GS or have I just been unlucky?

Thanks.
It seems to be a fairly common complaint.
So it's not just the flights from Vegas [that use most of the champagne outbound]
No champagne before takeoff
Not enough Tanqueray