FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] BA INV TO BOS in J from £1162 return
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:26 am
lwildernorva

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by BMWMOT
Unfortunately for us US based folks it won't work ex-BOS. It's double the price. Come on BA, help us out over here.
Can still be done if you can arrange travel to INV to begin the trip. I have plans for Ireland in April and Scotland in July. I can book INV-BOS in late April (end of my Irish trip) with a return in mid-July (beginning of my Scotland trip). Getting from DUB to INV at the end of April can be done for as low as $80 on Loganair on a nonstop, but I'm sorely tempted to make this a TP run with CE flights to LHR and then INV for about $260. That's a routing I wouldn't normally take, but with another flight to Italy in January, the TPs I'd earn from this trip (40+40+40+140+140+40) would requalify me for Silver at a cost of roughly $1800. I would have otherwise booked two WT+ trips with a potential cost of a little over $2000 although I might be able to beat that price with a really good sale. But then I'd have to try to upgrade to CW at an additional mileage and Avios cost.

An amusing side note. Because of the length of time I'd supposedly be in Boston, BA is offering an attached rental from Avis--at a price of £191,497.00, saving me £53,768.00! Of course, I'd earn a lot of extra Avios.