FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC check in HKG Central Station
View Single Post
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:46 am
ridefar

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by ffsim
Unfortunately looks like those websites misled you; neither Air Canada nor Air China offer Day Before Check-in according to the official MTR website.

A suggestion for nest time: If you don't need your luggage overnight, you could've left it at the left-luggage centre just around the corner from the check-in area and adjacent to the door which leads to City Hall and the Star Ferry elevated footpath. While a pricey option, it would've at least saved you from having to haul your luggage back to the Airbnb.
Well I have done it. I believe the distinction that is important is "day before" vs. 24 hour check in. AC's regular check in policy applies. Meaning you can check in 24 hours in advance. The difference with HK MTR is that you can also give them your checked luggage at that point too -- if I am not mistaken, you can only check luggage same day at most airports. (Day before could well be interpreted to mean up to 47 hours in advance. I think that is what they mean, in any event...) As I said, I have done it. Checked in, dropped off luggage, and then head to the W for a good night's rest and a great buffet. Then go to the airport the next day by hopping on the train with your carry on and done. It is so easy and convent that I wonder why nobody else does this.