FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LATAM Discriminates Against AA Business Award Flyers
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:29 am
enpremiere

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by Life_Platinum
When I told them I thought it was likely that LATAM gave us the 2 broken seats of thje 30 business class seats because we were AA elites traveling on award tickets, they did not deny my conclusion.
It's really regrettable that the broken seat and the lost luggage derailed your experience. Having been there (everything planned to the T for an incredible aspirational redemption only to be completely thrown a curve-ball with a crewing issue nonetheless), stories abound about equipment swaps, seat loss, and last minute involuntary downgrades all over FT. No matter what you do, MX, weather, people, and even cabin pets can get in the way. It's part of flying and I don't think that there is anything that you can do to avoid it other than staying home.

I wouldn't go as to far as saying that this was discrimination but rather, airlines today are not people companies in the transportation business but rather $-driven companies in the monopolistic transportation business. Some of the best outcomes in these situations stem from remembering that the people are in front of you (or on the phone) are people with stories themselves most often aren't the underlying cause of whatever issue is at hand so empathy from both sides can go a long way.

Glad that you were able to make the journey and keep your seats in business!