FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VS - Bad business seats and config
View Single Post
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:03 am
Theirin

Personally, my main issues with the VS seat are the lack of recline (it'd be nice to have another 20 degrees) and the inability to look out the window. I mostly like the rest. Especially the increasingly rare leather finish which is easier to wipe down and which I find more comfortable.

For the BA seat my biggest issues are that the storage is out of reach beneath my legs and beneath the tray table, and really awkward face off whenever the divider is down, the climb over, and the fact that the cabin crew often end up in your face (if you're in an aisle seat) when serving the window seat by leaning across you.

On that basis I consider it a tie overall in terms of the seat - but then I find VS's service to be better and more reliable, their planes are newer or nicer on the routes I fly (anything to avoid the BA 772s), they have WiFi and the lounges are on another level. Plus of course, if you're not BAEC Gold Virgin is £80-100 cheaper because you can choose your seats and VS don't block out seats like BA do.