FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2018]
Old Dec 6, 2018, 7:52 am
fumje
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by usflyer16
I just made Gold today, and checked in for tomorrow's flight about an hour after the status showed up on my account. My boarding passes both said Premeir Gold / UA*S and had Group 2. However, I was 1/8 on the upgrade list on a G fare, and the upgrade cleared about an hour after check-in (so it appears that the upgrade list is treating me as a Gold).

Is there anything I can do to get Group 1 and *G on the boarding pass? Only reason I care is that I'm connecting in IAD and would like to check out the TK lounge. If the agents un-check, then re-check me in, will I risk losing my upgrade?
When a family member of mine first made UA Gold status near the end of one year, it was many months into the next year before the boarding passes printed consistently with 'Premier Gold, UA*G'—instead, for several months it would more often than not give 'Premier Gold, UA*S' as you describe. It's somewhat baffling that the *S printed for so long, and especially that it toggled back and forth.

However, as far as I know, there were no cases when the *G status was not appropriately recognised by a lounge. As a backup, though, you may wish to have the in-app card handy. It should display the *G status correctly.

edit add: Just saw your second message, which says you are being assigned Group 2 when not upgraded. That suggests you may have trouble — best of luck.