FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Maidstone {GBR} — NO LONGER A HILTON Property as of January 1, 2022
Old Dec 6, 2018, 6:36 am
wizla

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Forever in Seattle
I did stay here last year prior to an early morning Eurotunnel crossing. The car parking used to be free, now you have to pay for it due to the heath club apparently, although it is only £2, it is a bit rubbish as it is a out of town location. For my stay it was in Spring and that night had a cold snap, but they had turned off the boilers so there was no heating... But for me it was cheaper than a B&B so did the job.
Ok, it always seems cheap here but obviously not that popular with the guys on here......I'm just curious really so will probably do a day stay , hope they have the heating on in December!

I was supposed to be here today but have moved booking until tomorrow now.... strangely all rooms for day stays are same price so booked king deluxe room .....should arrive around 8am....will report back!

Originally Posted by wizla
I was supposed to be here today but have moved booking until tomorrow now.... strangely all rooms for day stays are same price so booked king deluxe room .....should arrive around 8am....will report back!
Arrived just after 8am, car park busy but it's big with plenty of spaces, check in was swift but room booked was not ready so in a two queen bed deluxe rather than a king deluxe....... I'm not fussed, I'm not here to sleep .
Just had breakfast, now finishing with a cuppachino in the lobby.

ROOM - it's very large, two queen size beds overlooking a nice courtyard on the ground floor.....bathroom fairly small but bath looks big...... room slightly tired and carpet a little worn but acceptable, two robes , safe and water in room.....I was also given a drink voucher at check in too.
Hotel is typically Hilton., think Hilton Northampton and Hilton Leicester.....almost identical layout and feel.

BREAKFAST- some confusion here , I checked in , went to room to freshen up then went to breakfast...... waitress insisted I was not on the list even after I explained that I had just checked in, she tried to charge me £16-50 to which I gently reminded her that breakfast is complimentary for diamond members....... she was unsure but then the manager intervened and I'm shown to a table.
Nice spread, again typically Hilton, plates hot, food tasty...... self service tea and coffee, nice cuppachino!...... breakfast 7-10am. 11am at weekends.

So as I say I'm now sitting in lobby, there is an alternative coffee bar called cafe cino, a gift shop and a business centre.....the bar is behind with an outside terrace, looks nice .
Today I have to pop into Maidstone for a meeting, this shouldn't take long and I hope to be back to use gym and spa......will report back!

Originally Posted by MoodyB
This is my local Hilton...I could actually walk to it from my abode, so I've only had one stay there!
However, It's a decent enough property and the rooms are very generous in size.
So, it's a decent bet for a stopover or cheap redemption.
Location wise, it's extremely close to the M20 (Junction 7). There's a pub (The Chiltern Hundreds) just a short walk up the street, who do pretty decent food (If you sign up to their mailing list, they will send you some decent discount coupons).
There's also a Next store adjacent to it, if you're in for a shop.
Now, you *could* walk into the town, but it'll probably take you half an hour....I'd opt to drive or get a cab.

If anyone has any questions, I'm happy to give a local's advice!
Thanks....I'm now back from my meeting, I may use that pub for food after a visit to the gym and spa.

I didn't bother with the gym as I'm at the tail end of a nasty cold however it did look impressive, spotlessly clean and a decent size.

SPA - Pool area again was clean and tidy, sauna has been refurbished and like new, steam room slightly to cold.....pool is fairly large and somewhat cold ( I like that but some don't ) , few sun loungers scattered around, staff friendly, towels provided, lockers are combination code type......changing rooms looked new and very clean.

I checked out at 3-30pm,, free parking for diamonds but card needs validation.......hotel is literally minutes from the M20 , very easy access.

CONCLUSION- yes I liked it, very Hilton and yes a little tired in places but nothing bad,.....obviously I can't comment on the beds as I didn't sleep which I guess is the main event in a hotel. I did sit on the corner to put my shoes on and it seemed soft.
I would definitely return and recommend.

ROOM NO - 152

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Doubletree Cambridge belfry ( 11/12/18 )

Attached Images      

Last edited by Canarsie; Dec 7, 2018 at 4:41 am Reason: Consolidation.