FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tahiti Inter-Island Flights
View Single Post
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:04 pm
OskiBear

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Tahiti Inter-Island Flights

Hi All -

There doesn't seem to be a lot on this topic and I imagine it's because nothing's really changed.

I'm planning a trip to Tahiti in April and had a voucher that I used for my LAX-PPT-LAX roundtrip. However, am planning PPT-BOB-MOZ-PPT and just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything in how I'm searching for fares.

My plan is to take the ferry from Moorea to Papeete for a couple of reasons: I'm staying at the InterContinental so can avail myself of late checkout and since the flight to LAX doesn't depart until nearly midnight, didn't think I wanted to get back to PPT too early.

However, that means I can't use the Air Tahiti airpass, which seems to require at least three segments. Simply booking a two-segment (PPT-BOB-MOZ) seems a bit more expensive than two one-ways (PPT-BOB and BOB-MOZ).

Am I missing anything on how to do this? I'm not one for leaving things to chance, so will want to have reservations in hand before arriving. I've heard that booking while on the islands is cheaper, but not for this guy who has a bit too much anxiety to do that!