FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Useless address/DoB verification on the support line?
Old Dec 5, 2018, 11:41 am
ethernal

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Yeh, that'll work well via a cell phone in the car!

Look at how companies that have frequent customer contacts and real security concerns do this. Banks? Brokerage accounts? They ask for info on the phone. It's going to slow down every transaction and some people will do what some people frequently do.
Biometric voice ID works fine over cell phone connections. It's already used by almost every major bank today.

And as I said in the original post, I am not against verification. I am against useless verification (which this is). I have never once been asked prove my identity by a bank by giving an address, and only have I had to give a DOB when in conjunction with other identifiers.

If you have my phone number, then you have my address and date of birth. Full stop. So if a person is spoofing my phone number and then someone tries to use my address/DOB for verification.. they have verified nothing. This is true for 99% of people on this forum, especially in the era of persistent cell phone numbers.