FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Weighing all wheelie cases
View Single Post
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:58 pm
Platy

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Staff are already being paid to handle items

Regardless of whether some people at Qantas have an opinion on Qantas's reasons for the policy, Qantas does have a clearly written policy - the OP ran foul of it - as you say - it is an opinion - not a fact

The policy seems to make sense to me - I have had someone's handluggage fall down and hit me - luckily it wasnt 14Kg or 20kg
And the policy is about cash not safety.

So you expect the staff to handle double the items in the same time period for the same pay...?!

FWIW and IMHO a 10kg limit per item would be sensible mid point - I would be more accepting as a personal position of a realistic limit being enforced.

In the meantime, it seems absolutely daft that a significant volume of the overhead bin capacity appears to be taken up with airline / staff items at the front of the QF domestic 737 fleet.

I guess we'll see in due course whether QF follows the JQ lead on revenue raising on the 7kg to 10kg differential!

(PS. Hopefully you weren't bruised or worse with the luggage misshap. Those situations are never nice and can be very awkward. Wouldn't want to get into a legal argument about respective responsibilities of the airline or individual who loaded their own carry ons or to see someone incidentally hurt - the design of the pivot bins is supposed to help).