FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tryp Hotels now available for online redemption
Old Dec 4, 2018, 4:28 pm
jebr

Originally Posted by blitzen
Thanks for letting me know. Just booked a Samsung Room (Suite?) for 15k points a night. Hope the property is good.
Did anyone experience upgrade/free breakfast/.... as a Platinum?
Checking back in on this - as a gold at the time of check-in I didn't receive an upgrade. It was split in two (five nights on mine and two on my traveling companion's account.) The first two nights we got an upgrade to a family room (booked a suite.) The third night when we checked in we were offered a "suite" that didn't even say it was a suite on the door like most of them had, no fridge or microwave, no second TV or soft divide between the beds and the couch/sitting area, no wet bar, some peeling wood in the bathroom, and an electrical outlet without a faceplate. They couldn't move us into another room until the next night; upon arriving back around 5 PM we still had to wait 45 minutes to get into that room. It was as expected, though a bit worn and still a little warping of the wood at the bottom on the left side of the sink.

Overall, it was fine, but honestly didn't impress me in terms of the service (especially how a second-floor slightly larger room without many of the advertised amenities still qualified as "a suite.") I'd likely try a different property in midtown Manhattan if I go again, though.