FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Properties with Bonus Point Package higher than 5,000 points
Old Dec 4, 2018, 3:49 pm
Steph58

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
I spent more time searching 7-8 hotels for a 5K bonus at the right price (upcoming trip to Chicago) than any sane person would spend. You get different results from various ways to book— IHG app on Android, iPad, web site, hotels’ websites. Eventually just went with the hotel of my choice, Kimpton, because I found a great AAA promo rate for the 4 nights. It showed only a 1K bonus, not interested.

Tinkering around today because I need about 3K more to hit Spire. Went on the app, Android. Pulled up Offers, clicked on bonus point offers, drop down has all kinds of possible choices (some with breakfast), chose 5K, put in my city and 1 night. Up came my Kimpton and 5K at a rate that was about $20 more than AAA. I felt like I’d found gold! Reservation confirmed showing exactly that.

Not suggesting anyone else should go OCD to attain Spire. But now I’ll get the 25K Spire bonus, and I’ve received great upgrades at Kimtons because of Spire. I’m a happy camper. For now.

Last edited by Steph58; Dec 5, 2018 at 1:09 am Reason: typos