FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton co-branded card upgrade/downgrade [Consolidated]
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:04 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I gotta say, you answered my question as well as can be expected. We were wondering why her account didn't show Aspire, since we figured it would be instantaneous. In any case, she upgraded around 6 AM PT and we just noticed it on her profile now (12 hrs later). She made some purchases on Amazon earlier today; 1 purchase has a $1 authorization, the others haven't been billed yet. I hope all these will count.
You'll be able to tell if they count a few days after they post. Here's how:

Now that it's showing as an Aspire, it should show (in the upper right of the Home page) a progress bar towards a free night based on $60k of spend. Well, if you hover over that progress bar, it shows your spend since it was officially an Aspire. That spend amount lags a couple days sometimes, but once you can figure out what it's missing, you should be able to verify from that progress bar whether those Amazon purchases counted.

Assuming that progress bar doesn't reset Jan 1 (I'm not familiar with the free night for $60k calendar since I'm not going to pursue that), then it could be used to track your overall progress toward the $4k in spend needed for the upgrade bonus. Any spend that would count toward the free night would also count toward the upgrade bonus.