FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:50 am
kipper
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Howste
MAEN!

Today is my Friday, AKA...

Yummy!
Originally Posted by jrl767
I almost transited SLC this morning

the cat started making gagging noises at the foot of the bed ~0330; I grabbed her and carried her into the bathroom so she would barf on vinyl rather than carpet ... after cleaning it up, I decided it wasn't worth trying to go back to sleep for half an hour, and decided to shower and dress and leave for the airport earlier ... in the car ~0415 I got an alert that my 0740 SEA-LAX was delayed ~20 min, so I called to SDC to the 0600; en route from parking ~0450 I checked the F seat maps for SEA-SLC-LAX (0600 arriving 1100, which was actually before the delayed flight was now getting in), and finding a few I tried "Change Flights" on a kiosk ... "There are no other available flights to LAX. Please see an agent for assistance."

walked up to the SP counter agent, explained that the app was selling the flights, and asked if she could make it happen ... after a few minutes she said no, but she could process it as a voluntary change with an add collect ... uh, no thanks ...

went thru TSA and called the PM line at 0505 (while standing by the gate for the SLC flight) ... the agent tried to tell me "no SDC from a nonstop to a connection" ... uh, no ma'am, it's "no SDC from a connection to a nonstop"

she put me on hold to discuss with a supervisor, and came back after ~5 min to say she would have to put me on hold again while she spoke with the "routing desk" ... a couple minutes later (~T-45), the GIDS went from 6 FC seats remaining to zero when the GA cleared the UG list ... next I heard from the phone agent, everything was in order, but she now had to contact the reissue desk ... I told her to forget it, and headed to the gate for the nonstop

I don't need the extra MQMs, but I'm halfway tempted to ask DL for them -- a competent agent should have been able to process the SDC in a timely manner
Yuck! Cat vomit...