FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge Access and other Lounge FAQs
View Single Post
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:29 am
eethan

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Lounge access based on int'l segment - denied by PVG staff

My parents flew in Y from PVG-HKG and then J/F from HKG-LAX. The two flights were on the same day but on different tickets. Cathay check-in staff at PVG denied them lounge access at PVG (but my parents did receive their HKG-LAX boarding passes). Was this a mistake, as I interpret it based on the Oneworld lounge access rules? -

Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:
  • First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
  • Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
  • You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight.
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access